Australia has nearly 2.7 million carers who are selfless and devote their lives to helping and caring for their own family members, their friends and for others.
The sincerity of a carer is that they feel that whomever they are looking after is worthy of unconditional care and support.
Carers are generally people who provide unpaid care and support for their family members and friends who have a disability or severe illness or maybe frail due to age.
They are the backbone of our disability, aged, palliative and community care responsibilities.
Many hours will go unchecked and yet Carers continue to be selfless and nurturing.
According to: ‘Carers Australia’ statistics:
- There are over 2.65 million carers across Australia.
- Carers make up nearly 11% of Australia’s population.
- Around 861,000 carers are primary carers, those who provide the most informal support to a family member or friend.
- The weekly median income of primary carers aged 15 - 64 is $800 compared to non-carers, who receive a median weekly income of $997.
- 7 out of 10 primary carers are women.
- The average age of a primary carer is 54.
- 1 in 11 carers are under the age of 25.
- One-third of primary carers provide 40 hours or more of unpaid care per week.
- More than half of primary carers provide care for at least 20 hours per week.
Over one-third of primary carers have a disability (twice the rate of non-carers).
At Incontinenceproducts.com.au we are honouring and celebrating National Carers Week 10-16 October 2021.
For NDIS and Carers Click Here to check for further details.
For support for Carers Click Here for further information.
If you would like to receive our emails, simply contact our friendly Customer Service Team by clicking here via our website or you can phone us directly on: 02 9531 2011.
Did you know?
We are a registered NDIS provider of incontinence products, consumables and assistive technology.
We offer the industry’s quickest and easiest NDIS online ordering, allowing you to shop and pay using your NDIS funding.
We are happy to provide quotes. Please don’t hesitate to request a quote.
Should you require any product assistance … We have a complete range & also custom make a range of incontinence products including absorbent underwear and waterproof pads? Some of these products also double as period-proof underwear.
If you have any questions about incontinence or want to know what incontinence products are the best for you or your loved one don’t hesitate to contact our friendly Customer Service team.
THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS A SILLY QUESTION!
Australia: (02) 9531 2011
International: +61 2 9531 2011
Phone: +61 2 9531 2011
Disclaimer: No content on this website, or in this article, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinici