What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) gives people with a disability greater choice and control over the support they receive. It is a new way of providing eligible people with support tailored to their personal needs, goals and aspirations.
As an insurance scheme, the NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS helps people with disability to:
- Access mainstream services and supports including the health and education systems, public housing and the justice and aged care systems
- Access community services and supports including sports clubs, community groups, libraries and charities
- Maintain informal support arrangements including support from family, friends and social support networks
- Receive reasonable and necessary funded supports including supports related to a person’s disability that is required for them to live an ordinary life and achieve their goals
What does the NDIS fund?
The NDIS will fund “reasonable and necessary” supports that are related to your disability and help you to achieve your goals and aspirations across a range of areas including:
- Daily living
- Health and wellbeing
- Lifelong learning
- Social and community participation
- Choice and control
All IncontinenceProducts.com.au products are funded by the NDIS.