A ready-to-drink, lemon flavoured carbohydrate drink for pre-operative dietary management of patients undergoing elective surgery.
- Suitable for use as part of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) programs: carbohydrate loading before surgery is recommended to improve patient outcomes including shorter length of stay and reduced post-operative insulin resistance.
- Safe to use up until 2 hours prior to anaesthesia: shortens pre-operative fasting period and improves patient wellbeing by reducing feelings of thirst, hunger and weakness pre- and post-operative.
- 2g carbohydrate/bottle (100% energy): induces insulin release during pre-operative carbohydrate feeding which promotes anabolic state and results in reduction in post-operative insulin resistance.
- Maltodextrin polymer composition: lower osmolality than pure glucose or other monomer solutions and contributes to increased gastric emptying rate.
For pre-operative dietary management of patients undergoing elective surgery.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable for patients with delayed gastric emptying.
- Not suitable for emergency surgery patients.
- Not suitable for infants under 1 year of age.
Direction for Use
- Shake well before use.
- Best served chilled.
- Usage to be determined by a healthcare professional.
- Loading dose: 4 x 200ml the evening before surgery.
- Final dose: 2 x 200ml 2 hours prior to anaesthesia.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, store in the refrigerator.
- Discard unused contents after 24 hours.
Quantity per Carton
24 bottles per carton
*NOTE: Nutricia products may be subject to lead times.
Please contact us to confirm availability.