High protein early enteral nutrition to meet the needs of critically ill patients. Fresubin Intensive is designed for the dietary management of patients with or at risk of malnutrition, in particular critically ill patients including trauma, surgery, sepsis or burns. Fresubin Intensive is a 1.2 kcal/mL tube feed with high biological value protein (10 g/100 mL) rich in essential and branched chain amino acids to help preserve lean body mass and reduce catabolism.
Available in 500 ml EasyBag.
- Moderate energy: 1.2 kcal/mL - 600 kcal per bag
- High protein: 50g protein per bag (100g per Litre)
- 100% whey protein hydrolysate, low in fat with MCT* for improved digestion, absorption and gastro-intestinal tolerance
- Modified carbohydrate profile with low glycaemic index to improve glycaemic control and to minimise blood glucose fluctuations
- 3g/day of EPA** and DHA*** from fish oil and antioxidants to induce immune-enhancing effects8 and to meet the stress-induced elevated needs of critically ill patients
- With fish oil
- With fibre
ALLERGENS: This product contains milk, and fish oil.
Food for special medical purposes: Nutritionally complete, 1.2 kcal/mL whey peptide-based tube feed, low in fibre. High in protein (33% energy) with MCT. Low in lactose and gluten. For the dietary management of patients with or at risk of malnutrition in particular for patients with high protein and low to moderate energy needs.
Important notes: To be used under medical supervision. Monitor feeding rate. Suitable as sole source of nutrition. Consider high protein levels. Not suitable for children < 10 years. Not suitable for patients with galactosaemia. Ensure adequate fluid intake. Not for parenteral (I.V.) use.